September 30, 2005

Randomness

Well, I'm embarrassed by how infrequently I've been updating. Life has been pretty full of other things, and I find myself having little time or energy to write. So, a brief list of random thoughts and happenings:

Autumn blew in the door this morning. The temperature was somewhere in the low 40s when we got ready for work, and promises to hover in the low 60s this afternoon. There might be frost on the ground tomorrow morning. I haven't quite capitulated yet - no coat for me - but I am wearing a sweater today.

This was my first week back in the office post-vacation. I think Tuesday was pretty tough, but the rest of the week went by pretty quickly. I'm very busy and have a couple of interesting projects on my plate at the moment, so all will be well, but I'm glad it's Friday.

I've been listening to the Stones' new album, A Bigger Bang, nearly non-stop in the car this week. I'm surprised by how very good it is, and I like it more every time I listen to it. There are one or two tracks on here that stand alongside any one of their earlier great tunes. I'm surprised at how good they sound given that they are collectively older than the universe. They were the first band I ever saw in concert; when I was growing up in the '60s and the British invasion was in full force, the question was always, "Beatles or Stones?" For me, it's always been the Stones, and it still is.

Autumn weather brings with it the need to cook (I made an astonishingly good dinner last night, in spite of it being Thursday - chicken marsala, pureed acorn squash and a wilted spinach salad with bacon) and the need to reclaim my social life. In addition, I have a powerful need to clean my studio again and get back to work. Study group happens in November, and I'd like to have something to show for myself. Hopefully I can turn all of these needs into realities. So many interests, so little time...

That's it for now - work is beckoning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home