October 16, 2005

Moving Forward

Very relieved not to have it raining today.

I went and visited Maureen's studio late this afternoon, and I bought this piece. I'm going to hang it over our bed (as soon as I order a frame and some plexi for it). The photograph doesn't do it justice - the writing is a quote from a poem by Rilke, and I really love it. I'm hoping that it will serve as inspiration. We talked for a while about the difficulties inherent in doing art while working full-time at a job, and how everyone we know feels pulled in ten different directions at once. If I made a list of all of the things I need/want to have time for, it would probably frighten me. However, the need to do at least some of them is urgent and has to be met somehow, so I will continue to put one foot in front of the other.

Writing every day would be good, too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home