November 03, 2005

Onward and upward

That seems to be my motto these days. I have a few things to grapple with at the moment, but I'm persevering. The plantar fasciitis seems to come back with a vengeance every now and then - Tuesday night I was hurting a lot, but Stephe gave me something to do during my tai chi practice (not explaining the intention behind it, of course), and I've been doing it, so we'll see how it goes. I need to pay way more attention to my stretching, and I would very much like to get off the anti-inflammatory meds. Yesterday and today it felt good enough that I went walking at lunchtime.

Jim came to the unfinished furniture store with me last night, and we got a bigger bookcase for my studio - I need way more storage space than I presently have, or I will never get the piles of crap off the floor. I'm going to paint it, possibly a funky color or a crackle finish, but something fun - and maybe by next week it'll be filled with my things. The smaller bookcase will come up to our bedroom in the hopes that the large piles of books on the floor will find a home there. Do other families have media storage problems of this magnitude? Every horizontal surface in our house is covered with books, DVDs and CDs. I guess I should be glad that we read, watch movies and listen to music a lot, but we either need to collect less stuff or buy a much bigger house.

On Saturday I'll be travelling to Long Beach (out on Long Island) for study group. I can't wait to see everyone - I think part of my artistic block stems from a lack of stimulation, the type of stimulation that comes from being with other artists - I'm not quite sure how to tackle that one. Anyway, Saturday should be great, and the weather looks to be nice, too.

Blogcritics continues to occupy a good deal of my spare time. The new sections will go live soon, and I'm going to be editing SciTech. I'm very excited about that, and full of ideas for it, so here's hoping to a success on that front.

Enough cat-blogging for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home