December 04, 2005

'Tis the season...

We woke to snow this morning. Not a lot (sadly for Jim, not quite enough to merit use of the snow blower), but it was stuck to the ground and to the trees, and it looks quite like winter. It's been bitingly cold for the last couple of days, too - we went to a late movie last night, and I nearly froze when we came out of the theater.

I'm more in the mood for Christmas this year than I normally am, maybe because Thanksgiving was so good, and it served to remind me that the important things in life are almost never things at all. My shopping is nearly done, and I spent a productive day painting my new bookcase. Right now dinner's in the oven (baby back ribs rubbed with spices and cooked in beer, yum), the laundry's almost done, and in spite of the fact that the house looks like its usual upside-down self, I'm fairly content. Jim spent a long time practicing his banjo this afternoon while I painted. I love Sundays.

2 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, December 11, 2005, Blogger Lisa McKay said...

There will be. And they're good. Not Smoke 'n' Bones good, but almost.

 
At 3:59 AM, June 21, 2022, Anonymous Brett Nash said...

Thanks for sharing thhis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home