January 27, 2006

Into The February Doldrums

I realized with a bit of anxiety that February is approaching. It's not my favorite month of the year. For one thing, it's often one of the worst months for winter weather in these New England climes, although as far as winters go, this one has been milder than most thus far. For another, February is grey. The bare trees are grey, the skies are grey. My mood is grey.

I shouldn't be too apprehensive - there are a couple of very enjoyable things on the calendar this month. For one, we have tickets to a swing concert (a Benny Goodman tribute!) at the Shubert, which I'm really looking forward to, and we will be celebrating Valentine's Day at Le Petit Cafe (and we haven't been there in a long time). And it's a short month, so maybe it'll go by quickly and then the trees will begin to bud.

I have many things on my plate, and only 24 hours in a day.

As always, I am amazed by how quickly the world can swing from bright and shiny to slightly troubled. This, too, shall pass.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Lisa McKay said...

It's a very good month in which to keep the calendar filled. Fortunately, it's brief, and then in March we can start looking for the signs of spring that make everyone feel happy again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home